Privacy and Policy
Below is the Company’s privacy pledge to our customers:
Information We May Collect
The Company may collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you (or is provided to us on your behalf) and other firms on applications, such as your name, address, telephone number, employer, income, social security number, and date of birth;
- Information about your transactions with FedNat Underwriters or other nonaffiliated parties, such as your name, address, telephone number, age, credit card usage, insurance coverage, transaction history, claims history and premiums;
- Information from consumer reporting agencies, public records and data collection agencies, such as your obligations with others and your creditworthiness; and
- Information you provide to us on applications or from health care providers, such as doctors and hospitals, (to determine your past or present health condition). Health information will be collected as we deem appropriate to determine eligibility for coverage, to process claims, to prevent fraud, and as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
The Company does not distribute or sell any information about current or existing customers.
The non-public personal information the Company collects is used to provide customer service and administer your account. The Company does not distribute or sell any information about current or existing customers.
- Disclosures Permitted by Law
The Company may disclose all of the non-public personal information described above, as permitted by law. For example, we may use affiliated and nonaffiliated parties to perform services for us, such as providing customer assistance, handling claims protecting against fraud and maintaining software for us. The Company also may disclose information in response to requests from law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities, or the request of any court or government agency with proper jurisdiction.
Information regarding Former Customers
Our Security Procedures
The Company restricts access to non-public personal information about you to those employees whom we determine have a legitimate business purpose to access such information in connection with the provision of products or services to you. The Company employs security techniques designed to protect our customer data.
We value our relationship with you and appreciate the opportunity to bring you quality products and services.